It is the Friday of the first working week in 2021 and I feel like I’ve already lost the game. I feel distracted. I literally feel distracted right now. My dog is rolled in a cutest little puffy ball and I need to go hug him, I don’t want to miss this moment.
10 minutes later: Okay, I am back.
I only told you about my personal goals for 2021 in the previous post. Nothing about my business goals. Except for my goal to write 1000 words or a blog post per day. I don’t even know if I really do have specific business goals for this year.
Or I just fear to set them for the fear of failing myself once again.
You see, this is another thing I hate myself. And I also love the same thing about myself. I am so bloody honest.
I always plan to write a post that will be about you, that will serve you, my readers, my audience. That will go along the lines of “Do you have this problem? These are the symptoms of this problem. Then comes solution, really simple, a few steps. Then I share a little bit of my experience – short version of my heroine’s journey that will make you see that I understand your struggle and make you trust me – it will also inspire you to want to overcome your struggle – if I could do it, so can you. And then I position myself as a leader, authority, an expert in overcoming this problem, and in totally non-salesly non-sleazy way offer you to work with me, tell you you don’t have to do it alone anymore and induce in you a bit of guilt for making it so hard for yourself with your individualism and lone-wolf-erism and perfectionism, so that you start thinking that you really can’t figure this out on your own or if you try and actually do you are going to miss out on community and connection and the worst of it all, you are going to waste so much time and the next year the same month your life is going to look more or less the same. And then I pump you up again, telling there is a special reason you are reading this right now, you must be ready to change, you are ready to take destiny into your hands, you are ready to live life of freedom, happiness, joy, prosperity, health. And then I sell you an info product for 3000€ with information you could receive if you sat down and wrote on the piece of paper “What do I need to know about this to move this forward?” and a bit of googling or by searching Scribd for the books on the topic. In between I also put testimonials of every satisfied client (because the dissatisfied ones are not really working as a good advertisement – it was probably their own fault why the thing has not worked for them anyway) who achieved extraordinary results after working with me (even though it was probably their own belief, conviction, dedication and smart moves that got them the results), and those testimonials will convince you that maybe change is possible for you too.
You know, I plan to write a proper post that a business and marketing savy person would write.
And then I ramble about me. And take apart in one paragraph all the sales pages I read and you read in the last few years. And we are both sitting here depressed asking ourselves why we are so stupid to fall for those predictive patterns on those sales pages. Which is a good question to ask. Because underneath that one are better and better questions to ask ourselves…
To be continued.
Things I love and I believe you will love them too:
- ♥ Scribd – my favourite e-book and audiobook subscription ⇾ you can read and listen 60 days for free when you sign up through my link 📖
- ♥ Coinbase – I just love their reward system where I learn & earn crypto (learn – did you see that?) ⇾ sign up through my link and receive $10 when you buy/sell your first $100 (and don’t forget to learn too!) 💰
- ♥ I am buying those properly greenwashed headphones when my current ones die. You must click this link if you want to have a good time home alone. Use code "ANITA" to get 5% off when you buy 🎧.
- ♥ Tool I use to manage my projects ⇉ monday.com (it syncs with google calendar, yeah baby!) Sign up through my link and add extra 100 items on your to-do list. 💻
- ♥ App that pays you to walk. Well, for now you can exchange your steps for discounts and free trials, but cryptocurrency Sweatcoin is launching soon, so you better start walking fast to receive some free crypto. 🚶
I use affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission when you sign up through my links, without any extra cost for you. Of course, I only recommend the products I am personally satisfied with.